Friday, May 4, 2018

1502 - "All You Need Is 1,500"


Prominent illustrator Heinz Edelmann was the art director for the third Beatle's motion picture "Yellow Submarine" (1968).  According to the animation director Bob Balser, at the point where the production ran into money trouble Heinz Edelmann said: "I have an idea, we can fill the screen with numbers and it will be very cheap!"  

Today's JSVB post is a screen filled with numbers.  Some time ago around two months back, I had by mistake started to mis-number the entries in my blog.  I'm reasonably certain that I am the only one who cares about this since I was the one who caught the error, and this after a couple of dozen entries had been posted.  

It's not important, except that I like to post significant artwork every 100 posts.  As it happened the Enterprise Fantasia on JSVB Post #1500 turned out well, so I don't feel bad about that entry (click here to see it!).

I drew myself into Pepperland in the psychedelic style of Heinz Edelmann, giving the boot to 1500.  I did have something nice planned for my 1,500th post, but thanks to my clerical error I will just have to share it later.