Wednesday, June 6, 2012

596 - Jubilee Elation


May I offer Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II joy of her Diamond Jubilee!  The previous British monarch to achieve this milestone was Victoria, who at that age did not enjoy the stamina of our Queen.  I have to admit that just watching all of the four-day celebration on television would have been draining enough, let alone being the Queen at the center of all that attention. 

At first, I didn't pay much attention to the parties, as I am not much of a monarchist.  However, the love and adoration of the English people displayed for the Queen was a wonderful thing to see.  Much better than the grumpy, imperialistic English I have become accustomed to.  The final concert was great!

I decided to lump together a Photoshop portrait of Her Majesty with pictures from each decade of her service as Queen.  I feel bad being a few days late, but better late than never. I used as much public domain as I could, but I lost the attributions, so I cannot offer photo/art credits as I should.